Monday, September 22, 2008

Transferring posts from Blogsome to Blogger

I was successfully able to transfer all my posts from Blogsome to Blogger using ScribeFire. I will still have to transfer the images. ScribeFire also helped me set the dates of the posts to their original post dates.

Maybe in the future someone can use the scribefire code to automatically transfer posts from one blog site to another painlessly.

All I had to do was Add both my blogs to ScribeFire. Then I would select a post from oldBlog so it would load inside ScribeFire. Then I would select newBlog in the Blogs tab and then click the Publish button. I would select "Publish as new ..." in the popup.

Ok, so it was a manual work but it cut down on at least 3 steps. One thing to note is that the names of both my old and new blog was the same (just in case if someone wanted to use the same procedure).

No comments: